Data scientist (Amsterdam, London or Paris)
|Location||Amsterdam, London or Paris|
Improve Digital is the largest European SSP with unique technology and a strong position in the online advertising industry. We are looking for a data scientist to help us move to the next level in the analysis and use of our significant data volumes.
From our ad serving platform we generate significant amounts of data that is currently processed through several systems. The data scientist will take the lead in the analysis of the available data, looking for insights and opportunities to increase the value we derive from the data. We believe such large data volumes are an opportunity and the data scientist will thrive in the challenges of finding ways of extracting valuable patterns or individual items in the growing sea of data.
- Be an internal champion for better use of data across the company
- Leading in the definition and adoption of data-based processes
- Ad hoc data analysis to deliver timely value in answer to identified business questions
- Creation of models against which data processing systems can be built
- Algorithmic definition
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3+ years performing data analysis and algorithmic development
- Experience in data sets at terabyte scale and beyond
- Understanding of statistical modeling and sampling techniques
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms is a strong advantage
- Experience working with software developers to turn data models and algorithms into working systems
- Ideally experience in online advertising, the financial sector or similar high-data industry
- Understanding of the online advertising technology landscape is useful but not essential
If you're interested in this position please click the Apply Now button and mention you saw the vacancy on ExchangeWire. Please also be sure to specify the job you are applying for.