Head of Business Development, London
"Struq is transforming advertising through personalization and performance. We are committed to being the best ad personalization company in the world. We believe that we're here to make great products. We're constantly focused on innovating. Struq settles for nothing less than excellence, across the group thereby delivering the best customer experience." - Sam Barnett, CEO Struq
Struq is a full service online advertising technology company, specialising in display, video, and emerging channels. Using advanced predictive algorithms, Struq is able to identify the value of users in real time and dynamically personalise advertisements for them. Struq is transforming advertising from a generic push communication, which is often viewed as irrelevant or a nuisance, to one that delivers tangible benefits and value to consumers by facilitating product discovery; providing custom tailored marketing messages and creative layouts; and offering the most relevant and personalised ad experience available online. Our clients, many of the most significant brands nationally and internationally, including Nike, Adidas, Hilton, Topshop, and Debenhams, have repeatedly found Struq to deliver the best post-click performance of all their online advertising channels, delivering significant ROI to their businesses.
Founded in 2008, Struq is a profitable, funded startup located in Soho, London. As a team, we’re passionate about the opportunity to revolutionise online advertising, using advanced technology to deliver better, more personalised experiences for users. We’re a young, fast-growing company committed to hiring creative, enthusiastic, and intelligent innovators who are equally committed to changing the on-line world and building Struq into the global leader in ad personalisation across every media platform.
The head of business development is responsible for securing access to quality inventory at scale so the ad operations team can deliver performance for Struq’s clients. The position requires solid people and negotiation skills as well as strong data-driven analytical skills. You will be negotiating strategic contracts with senior managers in leading organisations, leading your own team of analysts and feeding Struq’s business team with unique insights about available inventory and profitability.
- Maintain and improve relationships with major publishers, networks and ad exchanges in 5 countries;
- Negotiate and secure quality inventory at the right price for the ad operations team;
- Manage the business development team of 3 Business Development Analysts.
- Identify what is a high value inventory using data analysis, on-site analysis and campaign performance;
- Represent the sell-side in the leadership team;
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor or Masters degree from a leading university or an amazing track record in a position with real responsibilities;
• Knowledge – however superficial¬ – of the media buy space and its current trends (Real time bidding, audience building, demand side platforms vs. sell side platforms, ecosystem mapping to name but a few of the key elements to grasp);
• Self-driven, strong entrepreneurial culture, aspiring to operational and strategic excellence;
• Fluency in other European languages is a plus.
• Excel at an advanced level.
○ Winner of the Best Advertising and Marketing Company in Europe “The Telegraph’s Tech Start Up 100”
○ Winner of Most Innovative Company at the Entrepreneur Country Awards 2011
○ Winner of Marketing Week’s Rising Star Award 2011 - awards honouring promising technology start-ups in Europe.
○ Smarta 100 Winner – The top 100 most exciting and disruptive new business
○ Top 100 Media Tech Company as voted for by The Guardian, PwC, Microsoft and Europe Unlimited
○ Sam Barnett (CEO) named Top 30 under 30 for Technology and Design by Square Mile.
We are ready to start interviewing now. Applicants – please email your CV and a personal essay by clicking the Apply Now button, and mention that you saw the vacancy on ExchangeWire. A personal essay is a 150-words-max-text about who you are, what you want and what makes you tick. Any subject works as long as it’s true.