Business Development Manager France, Criteo Publisher Marketplace
Criteo Publisher Marketplace (cpm.criteo.com) is a self service platform aimed at small and mediumpublishers. Criteo buys inventory directly from over 4,500 publishers in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands) & the US. We aim to only work with quality publishers (every new publisher is manually vetted to ensure quality) and the team of Business Development Managers ensure that we only buy high visibility ad placements. This publisher base is being built by a European inside sales (phone based) team based in London.
We are currently receiving 10 Billion impressions/month through this platform.
The proposition is simple: publishers get access to our personalized retargeting demand, by sending
all their impression to us. We calculate in real time the value we are able to pay for each impression
received. Criteo will only ever buy an impression if we can pay a price at or above the floor price the
publisher sets in the interface. We buy the inventory using “pass-back”, which means Criteo
monetises certain impressions and then passes the remainder back to wherever the publisher
As a New Business Development Manager you will be working in the CRITEO PUBLISHER
MARKETPLACE Business Development team at Criteo based in the UK. You will be responsible for
prospecting and growing the numbers of publishers we work with or developing existing
relationships we hold to drive incremental revenues for them.
You bring a proven background in acquiring new business and will have strong and demonstrable
skills in cold calling, sales pitches and general business development. You will monitor and optimise existing campaigns to help with increasing our revenue and margins, along with cultivating a strong and productive relationship with clients.
1. Prospect for new clients and react to inbound customer requests.
2. Contact small – medium size publishers, networks and other inventory sources with a view
to securing inventory
3. Secure new publishers
4. Manage your pipeline and live accounts in accordance with the standards expected at Criteo
5. Tracking campaign performance and ensuring timely optimization of all campaigns
6. Contribute to building the Criteo brand and community
7. Where applicable liaise with international colleagues for pan European/ global deals
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. To be educated to degree level
2. Proven track record of exceeding sales goals
3. Have proven experience in a sales or media buying environment, preferably online
4. Understanding of the online advertising industry
5. Strong analytical skills and an understanding of key online metrics – CPM, CPC and CPA
6. A strong desire to succeed
7. Experience of cold calling and face to face pitches
8. Preferable knowledge of ad serving technology and/or behavioural targeting technology
9. Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) essential
10. Fluent English and French spoken and written
11. A third European language is a plus: German and/or Italian and/or Spanish and/or Dutch …
12. Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a team environment
13. Extremely proactive, organized, responsible, and proven ability to work well with a team
14. Strong communication skills and the ability to pitch comprehensive advertising solutions
over the telephone to high-end prospects
15. Interest in sales as well as an interest in working with and educating new advertisers
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY NOW button and mention you saw the vacancy on Exchangewire.
Please also be sure to specify the job you are applying for.