Publisher Development Manager, Criteo Publisher Marketplace Germany
Criteo Publisher Marketplace (cpm.criteo.com) is a self-service platform aimed at small and medium
publishers. Criteo buys inventory directly from over 4,500 publishers in Europe (UK, France,
Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands), US and Brazil.
We aim to only work with quality publishers (every new publisher is manually vetted to ensure quality) and the team of Business Development Managers ensure that we only buy high visibility ad placements. This publisher base is being built by a European inside sales (phone based) team based in London.
We are currently receiving 10 Billion impressions/month through this platform.
The proposition is simple: publishers get access to our personalized retargeting demand, by sending
all their impression to us. We calculate in real time the value we are able to pay for each impression
received. Criteo will only ever buy an impression if we can pay a price at or above the floor price the
publisher sets in the interface. We buy the inventory using “pass-back”, which means Criteo
monetises certain impressions and then passes the remainder back to wherever the publisher
As a Publisher Development Manager/Executive you will be working in the CRITEO PUBLISHER
MARKETPLACE Publisher Development team based in the UK. You will be responsible for optimizing,
retaining and growing the numbers of publishers we work with by developing existing relationships
we hold to drive incremental revenues for them.
You will bring a previous experience in managing accounts and will have strong and demonstrable
skills in building relationships, sales pitches, and ideally in campaign analysis and general business
You will monitor and optimise existing campaigns to help with increasing our revenue and margins,
along with cultivating a strong and productive relationship with clients.
1. Manage your client base and live publishers in accordance with the standards expected at
2. Tracking campaign performance and ensuring timely optimization of all campaigns
3. Analyze campaign performance with the ability to find solutions to improve relationship
4. Contact small – medium size publishers, networks and other inventory sources with a view to
optimize existing and securing new inventory
5. Contribute to building the Criteo brand and community
6. Where applicable liaise with international colleagues for pan European/ global deals
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. Fluent German and English spoken and written
2. To be educated to degree level
3. Proven track record of exceeding sales goals.
4. Have proven experience in a sales or media buying environment, preferably online.
5. Understanding of the online advertising industry.
6. Strong analytical skills and an understanding of key online metrics – CPM, CPC and CPA
7. A strong desire to succeed and solve problems
8. Preferable knowledge of ad serving technology and/or behavioural targeting technology
9. Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) essential
10. Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a team environment.
11. Extremely proactive, organized, responsible, and proven ability to work well with a team.
12. Strong communication skills and the ability to pitch comprehensive advertising solutions over
the telephone to publishers.
13. Interest in sales as well as an interest in working with and educating new publishers.
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY NOW button and mention you saw the vacancy on Exchangewire.
Please also be sure to specify the job you are applying for.