Director Data Product Strategy / Marketing Data Manager - LondonPosted on 08th February 2017
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) operates the world’s largest audience data platform to help advertisers target their media. The business has grown rapidly over the last few years and encompasses a number of acquisitions including Bluekai, Datalogix, AddThis and Crosswise. The EMEA business, based in London, is still at a relatively early stage but has aggressive plans for growth.
The business sells its data through two main “go to market” approaches: Industry vertical focused teams, and through the vast number of partners that buy and execute media campaigns for advertisers e.g. media agencies, trading desks, DSPs, media owners.
This role will support the EMEA General Manager on expanding the business, initially focusing on EMEA, but may expand to other markets. You will own the Product strategy, in particular around Audience Targeting, in response to the market needs.
Your charter is to develop and drive the product strategy to package and support the sale of ODC’s data assets in EMEA, initially focused on the UK and main European markets. This will involve understanding what we currently have, what the market needs are and what else is required to package up a compelling products. You will ensure this can be sourced, built and taken to market by the various teams.
You will need to work very closely with the US Vertical Strategy teams as well as interfacing and collaborating with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Enterprise Product and the Go-to-Market (GTM) teams. As a result, whilst this role is based in the UK, you will work a lot with other teams and hence regular travel will be required.
This position reports to GM, EMEA for ODC.
- Develop an EMEA Audience product strategy working closely with the EMEA GTM teams and US Vertical Strategy teams.
- Understand the competitive landscape for the verticals in each key market
- Identify the key target customer segments & what data products are required
- Develop a data partner strategy and support relevant data partner & strategic deals
- Collaborate with US Vertical Strategy teams and enterprise product to ensure product priorities are slated to be developed and released
- Understand current & forecasted revenue for the business, by product line and provide ongoing inputs into the forecasts
- Establish commercial policy for the business – pricing, discounts, etc.
- Drive product marketing needs & development
- Support GTM teams on their sales efforts
- Actively participate in industry meetings and trade shows for the purpose of promoting our understanding of, and position within, the verticals
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelors Degree from accredited university.
- 8+ years of experience in data solutions, data product or data strategy role in marketing related industry
- Experience in Digital Advertising within CPG, Auto, or Big Data verticals preferred
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in roles with progressively increased responsibility
- Strategic Thinker – manages complexity, understands business, innovative
- Self Motivation - High Energy and Drive, results orientated, manages through problems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Operating Skills – focused, organized, creates leverage, manages processes
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – builds relationships, open, receptive, flexible
- Has “Edge” – willing and able to make tough calls when necessary with minimal fallout
- Happy to travel – key relationships need to be built with US teams, so a willingness to travel a number of times a year will enhance the role and performance. Key US location is Denver, Colorado.
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to make executive level presentations
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, work in teams and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- An entrepreneurial outlook and team-based work ethic
- Location is Moorgate, London
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY NOW button below and mention you saw the vacancy on ExchangeWire