Technical Executive Editor - London, United KingdomPosted on 05th January 2017
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
ExchangeWire - the leading B2B publication for advertising and marketing technology - is looking for a Technical Executive Editor to join its editorial and content team. This role requires a high degree of technical knowledge and understanding of the wide and varied range of advertising and marketing tools and technologies currently available in the UK and international markets. The role will also be responsible for researching, compiling and editing long and short form content, specific to the advertising and marketing technology industry, and so will require a degree in journalism, impeccable grammar skills and attention to detail.
The Technical Executive Editor will report to the Head of Content.
This is a full time role, based in ExchangeWire’s office in Farringdon.
Closing date for applications is February 6, 2017.
• Research and aggregate regular daily and weekly content, including newsletters to send to subscribers and regional round-ups published on the site
• Subedit all content to be published on ExchangeWire.com, across global time zones
• Liaise with PR contacts to commission and vet content pitched to ExchangeWire
• Liaise with Head of Content regarding pieces pitched to ExchangeWire and commission of pieces from industry leaders
• Handle incoming press releases and news items for key news and information to be covered on ExchangeWire.com and forward to relevant to internal departments
• Act as a global point of contact for ExchangeWire editorial queries, following up with relevant internal colleagues as appropriate
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Post-graduate (MA) degree in journalism
• 5+ years working in an editorial or content role
• Impeccable grammar and language skills
• Ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines
• Dedicated, committed, enthusiastic worker
• Flexibility to be 'always on' via messenger to sub-edit breaking news
• Able to work on more than one project at a time
• Shows extreme attention to detail
• Highly collaborative and a team player
• Has excellent time management skills and well organised
• Detailed advertising technology, marketing technology and programmatic advertising industry knowledge and understanding
• List of contacts within the industry across technology vendors, agencies, publishers and trade press, both in the UK and in international markets
• Happy working in a small company that is fast-paced and highly agile
• Experience and familiarity with WordPress