Permutive's Joe Root Discusses ITP & It's Impact on the 3rd Party Cookie←Back to Index
In this episode of TraderTalk TV, ExchangeWire’s Ciaran O’Kane interviews Joe Root, founder, Permutive, to find out the impact Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) has had on the Safari advertising ecosystem.
– Why the ‘death of the cookie’ doesn’t refer to all cookies, just the third-party cookie
– How cookie matching in Safari used to work, and how Apple’s ITP has changed that
– How ITP 2.0 has caused a decline in bid density and a drop in CPMs
– How Permutive’s solution, which is first party by design, and operates like a database for publishers, isn’t blocked by ITP
– Why Apple won’t allow post-view metrics
– Why ITP is encouraging marketers and publishers to build direct relationships