Product Manager - Westminster, ColoradoPosted on 13th March 2017
|Location||Colorado, United States|
SpotX is the most transparent programmatic video advertising platform with more than 7 billion ad decisions per day reaching 600 million unique visitors in more than 190 countries.
They are looking for a Product Manager to join their growing team in Westminster, CO. You’ll help them build and enhance our digital advertising product suite and hopefully have a ton of fun along the way. You will be working on the Product Management team, reporting to a senior member on the Product team. As a Product Manager, you will be working very closely with the Product Management, Engineering, UX and Business teams to help define, develop and launch products to continue our market leadership in digital advertising.
The successful person in this role will hold a strong desire to build a long career in Product Management and be creative at heart. They are seeking individuals that have either some experience with Product Management or in Ad Tech. If you do not have previous Product Management experience, they desire a candidate with empathy and an understanding of customer pain points, potentially with a background in Technical Account Management, Customer Service or Support for an Ad Tech company. This translates into you having a strong technical understanding of the products you are crafting and the Ad Tech landscape.
Making an immediate impact:
- Be part of the small, influential Product team at one of the industry’s leading companies.
- Learn and develop your creative problem solving, design, engineering, business and product management skills.
- Have broad exposure to each of SpotX’s core and emerging products benefiting Publishers (and Advertisers); and help define future products.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to build smart, beautiful and unique products that are balanced by the true definition of MVP (minimal viable product); and help track key metrics to decide if they move beyond MVP.
- Be an active participant on SpotX’s Product Management team to learn their processes, how they think about product and how they tackle difficult problems.
- Manage a product through the full product development lifecycle -- from collecting business requirements to ideation, definition, development and delivery of innovative products.
- Effectively communicate project scope, schedule and deadlines in a cross functional environment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 1-2 years experience in a Product Management role OR
- 1-2 years working in Ad Tech with a strong technical understanding of how things work
- A career in Product Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills: strategic thinking and business acumen
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams to facilitate a close relationship with Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Certified Product Owner, or comparable Agile experience
- Experience working with SCRUM or Engineering teams
- Experience working with user interfaces (UI and UX) and design validations
- Experience helping defining and launching products
- Familiar with software application development
Every day, their team transforms online video advertising and solves difficult problems by employing creativity, innovation and solid technical expertise. They value individual contributions and can offer you the benefits of working for a startup (agile environment, ability to influence product decisions, open access to C-level management) while enjoying stability and benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, etc. You’ll get a holistic view and broad experience while working in an exciting, fast-paced environment. They strive for success, but they want their team members to have a healthy work-life balance too. SpotX values diversity. They work hard to maintain diversity and a rewarding company culture.
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY NOW button below and mention you saw the vacancy on ExchangeWire or click here to be directed to the SpotX site.