Last week (18 May), UK law firm Kemp Little held their annual conference, ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution… or Evolution’. In this piece, we explore how Artificial Intelligence (AI) increases the scalability of knowledge and legal liability for programmatic advertising.
Dynamic scalability of knowledge
The concept of ‘dynamic scalability of knowledge’ can be explained by looking at what happens when a human and a driverless car are in a collision. Following the accident, both parties will [...]
Yesterday, (3 May) Rubicon Project (NYSE: RUBI), reported record Q1 results: revenue is up 71% year-on-year; earnings per share are up by 1,450% year-on-year. Rubicon also reported that 30% of its revenue comes from mobile and the remaining 70% from desktop, slightly behind 2015 figures from IAB that report mobile to be 35% of the US advertising market.
“I am proud of our record-setting execution in Q1, accentuated by another profitable quarter and record first quarter results”, said Frank Addante, CEO [...]
ExchangeWire rounds up some of the biggest stories in the European digital advertising space. In this week’s edition: EU approves GDPR; House of Lords comments on new regulations; TabMo receives funding; Partnership between Unruly and The Trade Desk; and Eyeota partner with Kantar Media.
EU adopts General Data Protection Regulation
After years of lobbying, the new EU general data protection regulation finally sees the light of day. On 14 April, 2016, the EU approved GDPR. Among [...]
In this week’s Latin American Roundup: Alejandro Alvarez, CEO, RPA Media Place, talks about the challenges of the first publisher co-op in Latin America and reveals that he has been talking to publishers in other countries that are willing to form a similar group; MediaMath announces its education branch in Brazil; Itau dedicates 80 people for data and automation campaigns, focusing now on mobile.
Mobile fraud is ubiquitous, but every player in the digital advertising ecosystem could be doing more to combat it. Although some degree of fraud is unavoidable, not taking measures to reduce it may be costing advertisers more than they realise. In this piece, Maor Sadra (pictured below), managing director, AppLift, discusses the ways in which programmatic makes it easier to spot fraud – and three action points to stop it.
Thirty-four percent of programmatic mobile traffic is at risk for fraud, according [...]
Tom Bowman (pictured below) is certainly no stranger to the advertising world, with eight years under his belt at BBC Advertising and a decade at Microsoft prior to that. In an interesting move, Bowman has hung up his publisher hat, with his recent appointment as CEO of the newly founded demand-side platform, Intelligent Optimisations (IO). Here, Bowman speaks exclusively to ExchangeWire about his new role, his new company, and the direction this new market entrant is heading.
ExchangeWire: You spent eight years [...]
In the UK, SMBs make up 99.3% of all business, yet account for only 18% of total marketing spend. One of the core challenges faced by small business marketers in the UK and, indeed, globally, is the lack of budget versus their larger peers, forcing them to limit their options significantly. ExchangeWire speaks with Jacob Knobel (pictured below), co-founder and [...]
The programmatic sector has seen strong growth in the Nordic markets over the last three years. As the region is set to mature, guaranteed solutions are on the rise, as well as demand for header bidding solutions. An operator in a space where markets are small and people have done business with each other for a long time, Netric find private deals gaining bigger traction in the Nordic markets than in other parts of Europe. ExchangeWire spoke to Daniel Ahlbert, [...]
For one veteran of the mobile enterprise software industry, the ad tech world simply is not moving fast enough and remains bogged down by ineffective ad serving and management technology.
Matthew Talbot, senior vice president for BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), says he is stunned at the somewhat immaturity of ad technology for mobile in the Asia-Pacific region and has yet to see any robust tools available in the market today, compared to other tech industries.
In this Q&A with ExchangeWire, Talbot also explains [...]
Tags Ad NetworkAd ServerAdvertiserAgency Trading DeskAPACAudience BuyingDemand Side NetworkDemand Side PlatformDSPFragmentationMobileMobile RTBNative AdvertisingProgrammaticPublisherPublisher ExchangeSoutheast Asia
The Road to ATS London is a series of specialist posts on technology, data, and the business models emerging in the programmatic ecosystem, all to be published in the run up to ATS London. Tickets for ATS London on Monday September 14 are now on sale. We do sell out every year, so make sure you get your ticket while they’re still available.
The advent of programmatic has allowed marketers to leverage their own first-party data to execute smarter [...]