Campaign Manager - LondonPosted on 24th October 2017
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
GroupM provides products and services to the GroupM agencies. These range from technology solutions through to training programmes. Conceptually the GroupM team exists to facilitate efficiencies in the Agencies themselves and provide thought leadership to them.
Xaxis is one such service.
Xaxis is a recently formed team and represents an exciting initiative to provide the means for GroupM agencies to buy ad inventory targeted to explicit audiences.
This is achieved by Xaxis observing anonymous user behaviour and using this to define large aggregated user audiences. Xaxis then runs campaigns on behalf of GroupM’s clients targeted to these audiences; the campaigns are shown on a variety of online ad placements and ad channels on which Xaxis buys ad space on.
Xaxis is looking for a committed and enthusiastic candidate to apply for a role in the campaign management department as a Campaign Manager.
About the role
Campaign management conducts and assists the day to day delivery operations of the Xaxis business. The Campaign management team are responsible for campaign panning, creative uploads, campaign operations, optimisation and overall execution of all booked digital campaigns.
The Campaign Manager reports to the Head of Campaign Management.
The Campaign Manager plays a key part in all of the trading team’s key responsibilities including campaign analysis & optimisation, optimisation algorithm definition, communications, and technical operations.
The role works across the Xaxis UK team on large Display, Mobile, Video, Native, Audio, Rich Media and Native digital marketing campaigns.
The role will primarily be working within the Real-Time-Bidding (RTB) and Exchange environments, and will use a mix of proprietary and in-market DSPs, data, and other related tools. The successful candidate will be trained to the high standards expected by Xaxis.
- Manage and execute a campaign from start to finish including duties such as, supporting engagement on brief responses, ad operations (creative upload, pixel creation, ect), campaign setup and optimisation
- Execute UK Campaign Management projects to further the development of technical innovation within the company
- Active approach to learning and skills development (individually and as part of a team)
- Act as technical expert on our machine learning and audience usage methodologies within Campaign
- Campaign Launch and media trafficking in delivery engines
- Manage the flawless implementation and execution of agency campaigns to ensure the highest quality of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Attend internal meetings in advance of launch as requested by engagement team to provide technical expertise and consultancy for campaign set-up in order to help meet campaign objectives
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support to the Commercial, Business Development and Product teams
- Ensuring adherence to (“policing”) business traffic rules (e.g. minimum number of creative formats)
- Managed campaign spend/delivery on a daily basis to ensure delivery goal are met
- Monitor Performance against objectives, using a range of proprietary and in-market technologies, particularly DSP/RTB technologies
- Update Commercial Team of any red flags on pacing, performance, trajectory, and expected outcomes of campaigns
- Base all decisions on empirical data using appropriate analytical techniques · Understand and apply optimisation levers across inventory, technology, and data
- Creating in-depth campaign based feedback around campaign performance for engagement team (and external clients)
- Provide technical and business requirments to the teams responsible for procuring our advantages across Inventory, Data, and AI Technology
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Relevant experience of Programmatic Campaign Management
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Should have exceptional problem solving, interpersonal and project management skills
- Must be a detailed oriented, highly motivated self-starter and able to work well under pressure with others in a fast paced environment
- Articulate & strong communicator
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been seEvidence of technical comfort and intermediate understanding of internet functionalityNumber comfort, evidence of data-driven decision making and analysis
- Understanding on the digital media advertising space (Search/Display/ Video, ect.)
- Strong knowledge of tag management and campaign setup within online ad delivery systems
- Analytical experience - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Evident ability to manage communication flows across teams
- Ideally understanding of Data Science methodologies and languages such as R or Python
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY NOW button below and mention you saw the vacancy on ExchangeWire