What Do Marketers Really Think About Programmatic?
In an excellent panel session at this year’s ATS Singapore, ExchangeWire hosted a marketer-only discussion around the areas of technology, data and programmatic media buying.
The panel, moderated by ExchangeWire’s Contributing Editor, Wendy Hogan, assembled the most progressive marketers from the Southeast Asian and Australian markets. The speakers included:
– Nicki Kenyon, VP Digital Marketing, APAC, Visa
– Janice Chan, Senior Director, Digital Marketing, Starwood
– Germaine Ng Ferguson, General Manager, Integrated Solutions & Analysis, StarHub
In a frank and honest discussion, we get a real insight into the marketer’s view of the programmatic, ad tech and mar tech landscape.
Some of the key areas covered on the day included:
– How programmatic fits into overall marketer mix
– The complexity and fragmentation of technology, data and resource within the marker’s organisation
– Data ownership and relationship with third parties
– Frustrations around cross-device targeting and measurement
– The challenges of centralisation around tech and data in a multi-market regions like EMEA and APAC
– Who actually holds the reigns for programmatic and ad tech within the big brands? Where should it sit within the marketer organisation?
– Why ad tech is failing to educate marketers on the upside of programmatic buying
– How the marketer and agency is likely to evolve
This is a must-watch TraderTalkTV episode – and we look forward to bringing more insights from marketers in future episodes.