The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) has announced its prestigious annual awards are now open for entries. In collaboration with PubMatic, the Digital Publishing Awards will celebrate the talents and skills of the individuals and teams working to create, deliver, and monetise quality online content.
Now in their 20th year, the awards continue to set the standard for editorial, commercial, partnership, and publishing excellence, with the deadline for this year’s entries falling on 24th March.
The winners will be announced at the AOP Awards dinner on 15th June 2022 at Old Billingsgate, London. With 24 categories available for entry, the ceremony will see outstanding digital publishing efforts celebrated. Open to all members and non-members of the AOP, each category will be judged by an independent panel of digital experts representing all corners of the industry, under the guidance of co-chairs, Dominic Carter, group chief commercial officer for News UK, and Amanda Barnes, chief executive at Faversham House. The full list of judges can be viewed here.
“The past two years have been a whirlwind for the entire digital industry, so it’s extremely important to take the time to recognise those who have surpassed expectations,” said Richard Reeves, managing director at AOP. “While we could not host our annual AOP Awards dinner last year due to Covid restrictions, I’m pleased to say our award celebrations are back in full force this year. With entries now open, I look forward to reading examples of exceptional agility and resilience in our industry.”
Emma Newman, EMEA, CRO at PubMatic said, “PubMatic is excited to be the headline partner of the AOP Digital Publishing Awards again this year, and contribute to an event that rewards and celebrates the best of industry innovation. This year, we hope to see more entries that demonstrate the focus on making publishing more accessible and more sustainable.”
The full list of categories is as follows:
AOP Individual Excellence Awards
- Journalist of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- Local Hero Award, sponsored by Google News Initiative
- Sales Person of the Year
- Rising Star
AOP Team Excellence Awards
- Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
- Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
- Sales Team of the Year
- Advertising Operations Team of the Year
- Product Development Team of the Year
- Audience Development Team of the Year, sponsored by UKOM
AOP Digital Publishing Excellence Awards
- Best Use of Video
- Best Use of Audio
- Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy
- Best Creative Solutions Led / Content Marketing Campaign
- Best Publisher-led Social Good Initiative or Campaign
- Best Use of Data
- Best Research / Insight Project
- Best Digital Publishing Innovation
- Best Media Technology Partner
- The AOP Employer Excellence Award
The AOP Grand Prix
- Best Online Brand: B2B
- Best Online Brand: Consumer
- Small Digital Publisher of the Year
Publishing companies who have demonstrated success across several categories in the AOP Awards will be invited to enter the final two categories, following the announcement of the finalists. There will be no entry fee for these two grand prix categories, but a written submission will be required.
- Best Digital B2B Publishing Company 2021, supported by PubMatic
- Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company 2021, supported by PubMatic
agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising
empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetizati...