On this week’s episode of The MadTech Podcast, ExchangeWire’s CEO, Ciaran O’Kane, and COO, Rachel Smith, are joined by Liam Brennan, global director of innovation programmes at MediaCom about the latest news stories and trends in the madtech space.
– Facebook’s latest earnings results and the decline of their daily active user base
– The potential impact of government intervention on Facebook’s dominance
– The continued power of Facebook’s user base
– Why media buyers are being slow to adopt Ads.txt and whether they are knowingly buying fraud to keep prices depressed
– In-housing and the contradictions between media reports and the reality
– The missing layer between media execution and consultancy and Liam’s role at MediaCom, working to bridge that gap
– Direct-to-consumer brands and their differing approaches to media strategy and execution