ExchangeWire – the independent global B2B publication for media, marketing and commerce – is looking for a Staff Writer to join its editorial and content team, supporting the team in publishing regular written, audio and visual content for its global audience.
Knowledge and understanding of the media, marketing and commerce industries are desirable, but not a requirement. The suitable candidate will be responsible for researching, writing, and editing long- and short-form content, specific to the media, marketing and commerce industry, and will therefore require impeccable grammar skills and attention to detail.
The Staff Writer will report to the Senior Editor.
This is a full-time role, based in ExchangeWire’s office in Farringdon, London from Tuesday to Thursday, with a work-from-home policy on Monday and Friday. There is also the option for the right candidate to be based remotely.
Experience level: Entry/Junior
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000
- Impeccable grammar and language skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines
- Dedicated, committed, enthusiastic worker
- Able to work on more than one project at a time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Interest in, and knowledge of, the media, marketing and commerce industry
- Happy working in a small company that is fast-paced and highly agile
- Experience and familiarity with WordPress desirable, but not required
- Experience and familiarity with Zoho Campaigns (or similar) desirable, but not required
- Experience and familiarity with Google Analytics desirable, but not required
Role & Responsibilities
- Research and aggregate news stories for the daily newsletter, to be published on ExchangeWire, sent to our global subscribers, and shared via social media.
- Manage PressBox, ExchangeWire’s press release service, including publishing all press releases, and liaising with PressBox members
- Take ownership of all content-related social media, including promoting published content across ExchangeWire’s LinkedIn and Twitter profiles
- Produce regular content performance reports for sponsor activity
- Support the Senior Editor and Editor in sourcing content contributors from across the industry
- Support the Senior Editor and Editor in editing, feedback provision, and publishing of sponsored content, including bylines, Q&As, whitepapers, and research reports
- Support the editor in researching and aggregating news stories for the weekly briefing for ExchangeWire’s industry podcast, The MadTech Podcast.
- Ensure all content published adheres to guidelines re. formatting, tagging, SEO, imagery, and keyword labelling
- Work with the editorial team to provide weekly insights into content performance