Yesterday (18 January, 2017) Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) released its fourth-quarter 2016 financial results with great aplomb. This quarter marks the 10th anniversary of Netflix’s content streaming offering, thus, the beginning of the disruption of the traditional TV landscape. The next decade promises to be even more tumultuous as internet TV surpasses linear TV.
In 2016, the disruptive giant Netflix generated USD$8.3bn (£6.8bn) in global streaming revenue (35% year-on-year growth) and finished the year with 93.8 million members – 19.0 million net additions versus 17.4 million [...]
Apple yesterday (25 October) announced financial results for their fiscal 2016 fourth quarter ended 24 September, 2016. Stronger than expected iPhone sales meant that the company exceeded analysts’ expectations. Despite this, the results marked the third quarter where Apple posted a year-over-year revenue decline.Financial Highlights
– The Company posted quarterly revenue of USD$46.9bn (£38.5bn) and quarterly net income of USD$9bn (£7.4bn), or USD$1.67 (£1.37) per diluted share.
– These results compare to revenue of USD$51.5bn (£42.3bn) and net income of USD$11.1bn [...]
Yesterday (8 Aug) TubeMogul, Inc. (NASDAQ:TUBE) reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2016. Cross-screen growth accelerated as programmatic TV (PTV) and mobile each grew over 140% annually, offsetting the impact of the rush of brand budget from desktop to mobile.
– GAAP Revenue was USD$55.4 (£42.66m), an increase of 22% year-on-year
– Total Spend was USD$139.3m (£107.28m), an increase of 33% year-on-year
– Spend from mobile, PTV, display and social channels accounted for 48% of overall Total Spend, up from 26% in Q2 2015
– PTV [...]
Yesterday (4 August) Tremor Video, Inc. (NYSE:TRMR) announced strong financial results for the quarter ended 30 June, 2016. The company achieved 22% growth year-on-year, the majority of growth coming from programmatic.
– Revenue of USD$37.1m (£28.25m), down 12% year-on-year – Total Spend of USD$54.7m (£41.65m), up 19% year-on-year – Gross profit of USD$17.2m (£13.10m), down 4% year-on-year – Net loss of USD$5.9m (£3.81m); net loss per share of USD$0.11 (£0.08)
“This quarter we achieved a number of our strategic goals, including signing several key agency [...]
Yesterday (3 August), amid news of their acquisition, Sizmek (NASDAQ:SZMK), reported financial results for the second quarter ended 30 June 30, 2016. Due to the earlier announcement that Vector Capital plans to acquire Sizmek, the call scheduled to discuss the Q2 results was cancelled.
– Q2 revenue of USD$48.9m (£36.69m), a 22% Increase; core products revenue increases (including mobile, video, data driven products and programmatic solutions, excluding flash based rich media) 47%
– Q2 net loss improves 87% to USD$1.0m (£0.75m)
– Mobile product revenues (including HTML5 formats) increased 317%
– Data [...]
Yesterday (2 August), Rocket Fuel (the ad network desperately trying to transform itself into a software company) reported a loss of USD$16.7m (£12.53m) in second quarter ended 30 June, 2016.
– Platform Solutions grew significantly year-on-year, representing 18% of GAAP revenue in the second quarter, versus 6% in last year’s second quarter. Media Services was 82% and 94%, respectively
– Top Customers: revenue from top 50 customers was 53% of total revenue, compared to 47% in the second quarter of fiscal year 2015
– Revenue [...]
Yesterday (27 July) Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG, GOOGL) announced financial results for the quarter ended 30 June, 2016. The internet giant posted revenues of USD$21.5bn (£16.3bn), an increase of 21% year-on-year. Google still drives almost all Alphabet’s revenue as click volume rises, despite a drop in CPC.
“Our terrific second quarter results, with 21% revenue growth year-on-year, and 25% on a constant currency basis, reflect the successful investments we’ve made over many years in rapidly expanding areas such as mobile and video. We continue [...]
Facebook’s average revenue per user is now USD$3.82 (£2.90); with 1.71bn monthly users, the social giant nets a cool USD$6.44bn (£4.88bn) in total revenue.
Yesterday (26 July) Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) reported earnings for the quarter ended 30 June, 2016. Earlier this week (25 July) Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) announced earnings for the same fiscal quarter. Facebook grew revenue by 59% year-on-year (YOY), favourable compared to Twitter, that announced its YOY revenue growth sunk to 20% from 60% a year ago.
Facebook report [...]
One day after announcing plans to acquire Yahoo Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) reported its first decline in quarterly revenue in six years. Sluggish subscriber growth underscores why the US’s biggest mobile phone provider is seeking new sources of revenue through acquisitions like Yahoo. Also in this piece, we discuss Apple’s Q2 2016 earnings and the impact on the digital advertising ecosystem.
Yesterday (18 July), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) and IBM (NYSE:IBM) revealed Q2 2016 performance figures. In this piece we discuss: How Yahoo continues struggle as sale looms; The end of Netflix’s explosive growth period; and IBM close to showing year-on-year growth for the first time in 17 consecutive quarters.
Yahoo reported a year-on-year increase in revenue for the quarter ended 30 June. Both search and display revenue saw declines, dropping 13% and 7% year-on-year, respectively. Search revenue was USD$711m (£538m) for the [...]